If you read lots of magazines and lurk on beauty forums you might have noticed an upsurge in the mention of microdermabrasion.
Microdermabrasion is intensive exfoliation using either or both mechanical and chemical methods used regularly to change the speed at which skin cells renew for younger looking skin.
Dry skin can occur for various reasons. During winter the temperatures drop causing humidity levels to go higher. This, in turn, makes the air much drier which can affect our skin and cause it to become drier. Hot showers can be very soothing on our body but they can dry out the natural oils in our skin more quickly. Using very harsh soaps or cleansers can send your skins natural moisture barrier straight down the drain.
So, if your skin is prone to dryness it is best for you to use a mild, fragrance-free soap that moisturises as it cleans. Choose a cleanser that is specifically formulated for dry skin.
Here are 5 fabulous cleansers for dry skin:
- Dermalogica’s Essential Cleansing Solution: This is a rich and creamy, non-foaming cleanser that gently removes impurities whilst replenishing dry skin and maintaining moisture levels. Contains vitamins C and E which improves skin smoothness and helps control free radical damage. Water soluble emulsion softens, conditions and rinses off easily, leaving the skin clean soft and supple. Celebrities including Jennifer Hudson and Molly Sims are big fans of this cleanser.
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: This cleanser is loved by dermatologist as it is soap-free and gentle on skin but removes impurities without stripping the skin of its natural moisture balance. Another bonus point is that it is really cheap.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser: Especially good for skin that gets extra dry in the winter. A gel formula that foams and contains avocado and apricot kernel oil which adds an extra boost of hydration to balance your skin and prevent it from feeling tight.
- Eucerin DermatoClean Mild Cleansing Milk: This cleanser is rich and creamy and effectively removes impurities and makeup while still maintaining the skins natural moisture balance. Removes makeup, helps skin breathe, and is very nourishing for dry skin.
- Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter: A facewash that provides the skin with ultimate comfort. Enriched with Shea Butter and Pro Vitamin B5 it soothes, softens and smoothes the skin while removing all traces of makeup, pollutants and pore clogging debris. Easily rinses off with water and helps neutralise the drying effects of hard water.
No matter what skin type you have it is essential to cleanse your skin as this prepares the skin for the next step in your beauty regime of moisturisation to be easily absorbed and effective.